Spirit of Our Youth provides culturally-based programming, support and accommodations to Indigenous children and youth (age 3-23) and Indigenous adults with developmental disabilities. Our trauma-informed services empower those we serve and help foster community connections with honesty, compassion and respect.
Interested in a career with us?
All youth will be given equal opportunity to succeed.
We provide culturally responsive services in a warm, caring environment to youth and families.
Teamwork & SupportWe work together to build trust while respecting each other’s differences and boundaries.
- Our staff role model healthy relationships with co-workers and clients
- Our staff use clear and concise communication
- Our staff provide assistance to co-workers when needed
IntegrityWe adhere to ethical principles, excellence and professionalism.
- Our staff carry out their duties transparently
- We maintain a code of ethics
- We use reflective and evidence-based practice
ResilienceWe have capacity, strength and perseverance in the face of adversity.
- We provide holistic care through programs that support physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs
- Our staff model and use evidence-based practices
- We support our staff in creating a healthy work-life balance
We have a culture of acceptance where individuals gain a sense of belonging through identity, tradition and language.
- Our work contributes to a youth’s sense of identity and belonging.
- We believe children are a gift from the Creator and as such should be treated with respect, honesty and compassion
Interested in making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families in need of support?
We provide a supportive and caring work environment, generous benefits, flexible hours and much, much more.
The staff are very supportive of the decisions I make and they are always there to listen to me whenever I needed someone. I’ve always felt in a safe environment at the home I lived at.
We are always impressed with the cultural work done by Spirit of Our Youth.
Since I started working at Spirit of Our Youth, the kids have taught me so much about their culture.
When I run into former clients they tell me the best times of their lives in care were with Spirit of Our Youth. They have wonderful memories of birthday parties, fishing trips, baseball games, road hockey, etc.